Tuesday, February 24, 2009

What 's in your wallet?

We have seen the ad. about credit cards (What have you in your wallet? and for everything else there's MasterCard) as we head into recession faster than any Disney roller coaster. As we see personal, national/federal/international debt rising what response can we choose to have?

In Mark 8, we have the the feeding of the 4,000.
People had come to the end of their supplies and collectively had 7 loaves and a few small fish. Jesus, had compassion for the need of the people, he accepted what was available and given to him, he gave thanks, and began meeting the need by breaking the bread.

How often do we think we don't have sufficient because what is required is more than we have.

2 Peter 1:3
"His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness".

When we have the Daily Bread of the Presence of YHWH we have all we need.

When I only see my reality/my lack of what ever, I often have to ask for the sight to see His provision and resources for my need. Then to move slowly out of the personal darkness and into His Light that provides for all my needs.

I have seen YHWH meet my needs as only a Creator and Father can. Here are four examples that I attribute to God's hand in my life.
Two work positions that were created when I needed to be employed outside the home.
Two vehicles given to me FREE to meet transport needs when I began each new job.
Great educational schools for the boys when homeschooling ceased to be an option for us. Financial ability and freedom to have one or the other parent at home as the children grow up.

Seeing the Hand of God in those aspects of my life gives me hope for the future.

What "stimulus package" are we putting together in the areas of life we influence?

What do we want to stimulate? more faith, more pennies? What would happen if we responded to those around us as Jesus did, with compassion for the multitude and thanks for the resources already at hand?

No comments: