Sunday, July 13, 2008

Jeremiah 23

I was intrigued by the interactions between Jeremiah and the other prophets from Jerusalem and Samaria. The prophets were prophesying lies and proclaimed to the people what they wanted to be the truth - all in the name of God, of course.God says of the prophets if they had stood in HIS council chambers, He would have told them what He purposed and they didn't need to make up "stuff".

The truth of this invitation verse 22 & 23 radically changed the way I perceive and receive God's His word and advice for real time living.

"But if they had stood in My council, then would they have caused My people to hear My words, then they would have turned them from their evil way, and from the evil of their doings. Am I a God at hand, says the Lord and not a God afar off?"

I encourage you the next time you need clarity and understanding, present yourself to God and stand before Him in His council chamber. Standing before God gives you a sense of alacrity, an urgency and readiness to hear His word and apply it to whatever situation you're facing.

How do you listen to God?

No comments: